Wednesday, October 17, 2012

knitting needles

I own this fantastic pair of knitting needles that I absolutely adore.  They are my go-to needles for any project that don't require a specific size.  "What projects don't require a specific size needle" you ask? Why, the ones I make up of course! And the reason I don't know their size is because I'm lazy and the needles are from Japan.

Last night I got the itch to knit again. 
It's chilly out. 
My man was gone.
The girls were in bed.
And I had a cowl in mind. 

If you're the lucky winner of my giveaway and this is what you so choose- here is a sneak peak of the scarf you'll receive!

Just a simple cowl that slides over your head.  Very easy to wear and quite warm.  Also, if you so choose, I'll add some brown buttons for detailing.  Just let me know!

Oh, and the pattern for those of you that knit:

CO 79 stitches.
For the seed stitch you simply knit 1 purl 1* repeat until you reach the end of the row. On the next row you do the opposite by knitting the purls and purling the knits.  For the green rows I either stopped knitting with the oatmeal and added the green in or I knit holding the two strands together.
Knit as many rows as you'd like for height- I probably did 30 or so?
Then BO in seed stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment